Sail Training – Terms and Conditions
- Please ensure that you choose the right course before making your application.
- Course fees include instruction by RYA qualified staff, RYA logbook (Stage 1 only) and course certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Booking fees do not include cancellation insurance.
- BSSC does not provide buoyancy aids, wetsuits, footwear or waterproof clothing.
- Students must be confident in the water. BSSC must be advised of any medical conditions or illness.
- The minimum age for a sail training course is 8 at the start of the course.
- Safety is of paramount importance to BSSC. Whilst we do everything in our power to prevent injuries, water sports involve some risk and course participants, parents and guardians must accept that accidents may occur.
- To manage these risks, RYA courses are run by qualified instructors who teach to RYA guidelines. Our safety systems are inspected annually by the RYA.
- BSSC reserves the right to cancel or modify an activity if we feel there are unmanageable risks.
- Equipment owned by the applicant must be at least covered by 3rd party liability insurance up to £5m.
- Every attempt will be made to ensure that a course goes ahead. BSSC reserves the right to cancel a course if viable numbers are not achieved or due to bad weather / circumstances beyond our control.
- In the event of a course cancellation by us you will be offered an alternative date if possible or a full course refund.
- Cancellations by you must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org . If less than 30 days notice is given, no refund will be provided. In any event, a £25 administration fee will be charged for all cancellations by you.
- In the event that we have to cancel a course due to COVID-19 then you will receive a full refund.
- BSSC takes no responsibility for any additional costs incurred by you should a course be cancelled and you should ensure you have sufficient insurance in place to cover such costs.
- If you have been offered a place on a sailing training course the place is not confirmed until we have received the payment and completion of the master form online (declarations, emergency contact details and relevant medical conditions).
- Certificates for courses are only issued upon successful completion of all elements of the course syllabus. Every effort will be made to ensure that students successfully complete the course but students, parents and guardians must accept that certificates will not be awarded if a sufficient level of understanding and ability is not shown throughout the course.
- In the event of sickness/diarrhoea, please allow 48 hours before returning to BSSC and inform the event organisers.
By making a payment for a course you confirm that you are willing to accept the above booking terms and conditions.