Sail Training 2019: Sunday 4th August – Sunday 11th August
Places are not allocated on a first come first served basis. Applications will only be reviewed after the 10th March. Please make sure you have read and understood the following before making an application for your child.
- There are minimum recommended age limits for all courses. See individual course pages for details.
- For the higher end courses (stage 3 and above), parents and children need to understand that merely completing a course one year and then enrolling on the next RYA stage the following summer with no practice in between is not sufficient. Copies of the child’s log book may be requested in order to be accepted on to the higher end courses. Children are also expected to provide their own Topper this year (stage 3 and above).
- Following the successful launch last year, we will be running Improve Your Racing again, which is aimed at those that have completed the Start Racing course in a previous year, done some further independent sailing and competed in a BSSC sailing week or equivalent. Children may apply to do either Start Racing OR Improve Your Racing but not both. Recommended age 12 plus.
Trainee Assistant Instructors: This year we propose running a separate, intensive 3 day Assistant Instructor Course on Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th August. See Trainee Assistant Instructor Page for more details.
Prices: Prices have been increased this year after several years of no change:
· Stage 1: £135
· Stages 2 and 3: £270
· Stages 4, Start Racing and Improve Your Racing: £215
· Sailing with Spinnakers £110
· Seamanship Skills: £110
· Trainee Assistant Instructors: £100
For children that live in the local area/go to local schools the prices will continue to be substantially (but not fully) subsidized by the club.
Responses: We intend to get back to all applicants by the end of April. Please note that following the offer of a place on a course, full payment (online only) and all paperwork will be required to secure that place.